Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Lot Can Happen in a Month

So as of January 31st, we've been engaged for 1 month. I don't know what wedding planning is like for other people but it's been moving right along for us so far. We're trying to get as much benefit as possible from my current state of unemployment. So anything we can do, we're doing.

We got our Save the Dates on Thursday and will be ready to send those out by the end of this week (a lot of people are coming from places where they need to fly in so we want to make sure people have ample time to plan). We had a very productive trip to Schenectady this past weekend where we booked a photographer and found me a wedding dress. (Well, my parents and I found me a wedding dress. Jimmy wasn't involved in that part).

I didn't really think we'd find a dress so soon especially after watching hours and hours of Say Yes to the Dress. But we did. And, like many of those girls, I didn't get what I thought I was looking for and I DID have a "oh, this is my dress" moment while I was trying it on. So I guess there's some truth to that show. And now I have a dress and can spend my time figuring out what everyone else is going to wear. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment