Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meet the Wedding Party: Tim & Claire



Name: Tim Huth
Job: Groomsman (Do we call those ushers? Or is that just a job they have day-of? I think we call them Groomsmen)
Relationship: Brother of the Bride
Age: 20 (will be 21 at time of wedding...thank goodness) Please Note: We are only putting this category for Tim as we are excited he will be legally allowed to drink at our wedding.
How We Met: Well, Tim and Erin met in 1989 when she was just a selfish 5-year-old who did not want another child getting in the way of her center-of-the-world-status. He was a newborn with a full head of hair and though their relationship started off rocky, Erin and Tim are cool now. Phew.

Erin is delighted that her little brother is willing to take time out of his last year of college to be in the wedding. She couldn't ask for a better brother and is happy that he is willing to listen to her talk about wedding details with no complaints.



Name: Claire Long
Job: Bridesmaid
Relationship: Sister of the Groom
How We Met: While Jimmy is hazy on the details, he's pretty sure he and Claire met very shortly after his birth, when she was already a solid year and a half into her own existence. Being this close in age predictably resulted in no shortage of conflict and sibling rivalry, but relocating to the first and second cities (respectively) has given Claire and Jimmy the necessary room to air their grievances and become bona fide BFFs.

Jimmy is very excited to have his big sister take some time out from her busy schedule of running, biking, swimming, and generally kicking ass, to come out to the Empire State and make sure her little brother gets hitched properly.

6 comments:

  1. I think Groomsmen and Ushers are separate people, actually. I mean, I am sure you could have the groomsmen do that job. But I think they have other things to do during that time, like standing there and looking pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT! Nooooo. Haha, luckily I don't think seating will be hard. Jimmy doesn't want to do sides because he fears it will be grossly uneven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. After I made that comment, I realized that I have been to weddings where there were no Ushers at all. I think I was just thinking about Brice, because he is going to be an Usher at the wedding we are going to in San Fran in May, but he isn't a groomsmen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew. Haha. That's funny, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, the singer USHER?! I can't wait to MEET HIM! Did he and Jimmy go to high school together? AIEEE!

    ReplyDelete