Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, January 28, 2010

And It Goes On Like This

Since we got engaged, Jimmy and I have been discussing how we can reference The Simpsons as much as possible during the wedding or any of our wedding events. The first few ideas were pretty obvious:

1. Homer's vows in "A Milhouse Divided"

Reverend Lovejoy: I will now read the special vows which Homer has prepared for this occasion. Do you, Marge, take Homer, in richness and in poorness. Poorness is underlined. In impotence and in potence, in quiet solitude or blasting across the alkali flats in a jet-powered, monkey-navigated...and it goes on like this.

2. Have my dad give Jimmy a pair of "family heirloom" pig cuff links like in "Lisa's Wedding"

Homer: Hugh, there's something I want you to have. My Dad gave me his
cuff links on the day I married Marge and they brought us good
luck. I couldn't imagine a happier marriage. We don't have many
traditions in our family, but it would mean a lot to me if you
kept this one alive.
Hugh: Well I'd be honored...
[opens case; cuff links are a bride and groom pig]
...to wear those...things.
Homer: Aw.



3. Some of the more obvious ideas were to use Simpsons stamps for everything or name the tables after places on The Simpsons. Recently we discussed cake toppers (Jimmy seemed to think there was a law saying you HAD to have one) So then I thought, "Well, maybe we can have a Simpsons cake topper" (tho I wasn't really planning on having one at all).

Today I went searching for some pig cuff links on Etsy. I found one seller who had sold a number of these cuff links but has since shut down her shop and even has a note up saying she can't currently make them. I guess we're not original?

Luckily, I found someone on Etsy (TheClayCollection) who IS selling them and they are adorable:



http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38422379

My search also led me to Ebay where I got to see how goofy Simpsons cake toppers would look.





Answer: pretty darn goofy. Tho I do like the idea of Reverend Lovejoy being involved.

Obviously we will continue thinking of other ways to incorporate The Simpsons into our wedding and be Simpsons geeks in a really public way. That's always fun, right?

3 comments: