Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Julia Child/Meryl Streep Might Make Me a Better Wife

And Julie Powell/Amy Adams Might Make Me a Better Blogger.

How's that for a tie-in?

In real wedding business, we're working on hotel accommodations for the wedding and starting to think about all the other little things now that the location and date is settled. While I basically find everything about this process fun and exciting, mostly I just want to think about people's clothing, pictures that can be taken and presents I can give people in the wedding party. When we have settled info, I'll post it here and maybe after the Save the Dates go out more people will be reading this to get info. Or to make fun of me. Whichever.

So, obviously I'm watching Julie and Julia and as a result, have suddenly been overcome by the desire to learn how to cook (and maybe blog a bit). Maybe it's that I love food and it's never made sense that I had no interest in cooking, maybe it's that I'm getting married this year, maybe it's that Jimmy is usually home much later than we should be eating dinner or maybe it's those pearls and the ability to look elegant while cooking that I am into. Who knows. So maybe I'll try to find something to learn to cook and make a goal of it.

No, I will not be blogging about my cooking adventures or going through all the recipes in a cook book. That's just crazy.

Here's hoping Meryl rubbed off on me...

2 comments:

  1. this is also a useful hint as to what we should be sending you for all those engagement/bridal/wedding events that are on the horizon. ;) either that or just an excuse for cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, true. We've already been pretty good about cooking new stuff. So hopefully it lasts.

    ReplyDelete