Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Almost 2 Months Away!

Remember on The Office, when Angela has to remind Michael that Phyllis' bridal shower is girls only?

Michael: The guys are having a little shindig of their own in the warehouse. From 2:30 to 3:15. That is the only time that Bob was available. Sort of a guys' night out. A 'G-N-O' if you will. A 'gno.' Actually it's more of a guys' afternoon in. A G-A-I. A gay. Not-- not... it's uh, not gay. It's, uh, just uh, it's a bridal shower for guys. A guy shower. An hour long shower with guys.

That was not related to my bridal shower at all. It just makes me laugh.

I had my bridal shower a couple weeks ago and it was a blast. Tons of great food & drinks & people. Thrown by the always crafty Anna and her mom, Jane. There was a great mixture of Schenectady, NYU, family and work people all in the same spot.


Erin & Maid of Honor, Anna

Decor!

Schenectady girls: Regina, Becky, Mallory, Erin & Anna

I was SO so happy to see so many High School/Schenectady friends that I don't see near enough! The big surprise of the weekend was one Ms. Christina Mar being in attendance! You might remember her as one of my bridesmaids. She surprised me by flying out for the shower which was amazing.

College friends: Sarah, Erin, Christine, Christina

The week before I got to see the other 2 bridesmaids in Vegas! I was traveling for work and ended up starting the trip in Vegas. Jimmy's sister, Claire, had just moved there and Jessie lives in L.A. so she drove out to meet up with us. I didn't have a ton of time to do stuff but had fun nonetheless. (Even had a fake bachelorette party!)

Erin face.

Here are some more pictures of the party. I was convinced I would be a really awkward gift-receiver but I think I did an OK job. But I really had an amazing time and it just made me realize how close the wedding is and how excited I am for everything and how much I miss people who I don't get to see on a regular basis.

Also, Heather made me the amazing hat/bouquet combo shown below. She has a real talent for this. Call me if you'd like to hire her.





No comments:

Post a Comment