Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

(Almost) 6 Months!

I seriously cannot believe that it is almost 6 months away! Everything has gone by so quickly and the summer usually flies by in a normal year so at this pace, it will be September by the time I realize any time has elapsed.

I know we have not updated in a while. I apologize. We will be better about it. Soon enough there will be exciting pictures to post, events to discuss, people to give shout-outs to...it'll be great. The bridesmaids are starting to order their dresses, Jimmy is starting to work on his clothes and I'm trying to track down a perfect pair of shoes. (Comfort is as important to me as having heels and being cute, so it's generally a little difficult for me to find shoes. Probably heels + cute will win out, but still).

My newest wedding/marriage-related obsession is husband/wife teams. It's not that I have become obsessed with Johnny Cash/June Carter Cash necessarily, or even Sonny/Cher but just the idea of it in general. I've always had this idea that owning a small business or being part of a family business of some kind would be, basically, amazing. (Maybe it was from my summer at Perreca's, who knows). But I figure being a husband/wife team of something is just the beginning of realizing that dream. So I have lots of suggestions for Jimmy of teams we can be and will list a few here with their pros and cons.

1. Crafty Husband/Wife Team
Since I already run a shop with Anna on Etsy, I figure a normal progression could be opening a shop with Jimmy as well. We could work from home plus

Pros: I'm already pretty crafty and I know of lots of husband/wife teams on Etsy so we'd be in good company. Also, Jimmy does help me occasionally with design/cutting of owls out of felt for some of my projects already.

Cons: $, plus Jimmy has a year-round job that he really likes. (Psh, who works ALL year? Am I right?)

2. Webby Husband/Wife Team
I sort of am enamored with the idea of webisodes or being an "internet sensation," if you will. I figure Jimmy can edit them and we can both work on production of them and write them together.

Pros: When Jessie, Christina and I put together Georgia Peach, Jimmy was right there with us. Basically, we've done it once, we can do it 100 more times.

Cons: $, pressure to become an internet sensation might get the best of us/me.

3.Wordy Husband/Wife Team
Okay, hear me out. So we really enjoy doing crossword puzzles together & tho we aren't THE BEST at it, I think we could get better. So then I think we go on the road doing crossword puzzles and generally being amusing.

Pros: I certainly like talking to groups of people so maybe that can be incorporated as well.

Cons: $, this isn't a real job.

4. Normal-y Husband/Wife Team
Keeping things the way they are, except maybe I find a job that is year-round. Jimmy edits, I organize things, hopefully get to speak to large groups of people and do my crafting in my spare time.

Pros: We've been doing it this way for 4 years and it's been working out nicely. We get to create our own identities and do what we really enjoy and still get to be a team.

Cons: None, really. It's working out already.

2 comments:

  1. I think you've forgotten criminal-y husband/wife team. Jimmy stalls them with his bumbling bellhop routine while you snatch the diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh of course, but we can't discuss that here. Who knows who's monitoring our blog...

    ReplyDelete